The UCS App gives parents the opportunity to personal
ize the information they receive from the district. In addition to UCS information, users can customize their options to also receive news, notifications and calendar dates from their favorite school. The parent portal on the App also allows busy parents the ability to
securely access their student’s information, including schedules, attendance,
academic performance and bus routes. The app is available for free download at iTunes and Google Play Store.
PowerSchool and SchoolMessenger
Utica Community Schools has two easy ways to electronically access your student’s semester grades through a secure system. These options will allow parents to view semester grades and attendance as soon as the information becomes available:
- PowerSchool - PowerSchool allows you to view semester grades and attendance. Parents who do not have access to a PowerSchool account will need to register for one prior to the end of the marking period. The report cards will be automatically e-mailed to the address that was used to register the PowerSchool account.
- SchoolMessenger - As an added featured, the system we use to communicate with you through automated e-mails and phone messages also provides parents a secure way to manage and receive information. This registration process will also you to set your preferred method of notifications for emergencies and school notices. Parents must first have a PowerSchool account to register for this system.
Schools will no longer automatically printing and mailing them to parents. Printed report cards will be available by requesting one from our school office. For information on how to set up a link, please visit this link: http://uticak12.org/studentinfocenter.
If you already have accounts, the direct links are:
PowerSchool - https://ps.ucs.misd.net
SchoolMessenger Info Center - https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/#/home
Our partnership with Naviance offers access to several planning tools that connect goals with future outcomes. Family Connection takes an age and grade approach to goal setting and planning, so that students can personalize their action plans. As a parent or guardian, what role do you play in helping your student succeed?
- You can encourage goal setting as a recipe for success
- You can monitor activities to identify early intervention
- You can coach and guide to make informed decisions
More information is available at this link.