2014-2015 Kindergarten Students
Parents of students who will be starting kindergarten this fall can begin the 2014-2015 registration process for Utica Community Schools.
Students are eligible for kindergarten if they turn five years old on or before October 1, 2014. Important note - parents of students who turn five between October 1 and December 1, 2014 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten if they submit a waiver form.
The district offers a full day kindergarten program for all students, a Montessori kindergarten, and a Mandarin Chinese immersion/traditional kindergarten program.
Kindergarten open houses have been scheduled at all 25 UCS elementary schools for Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 7 p.m.
Below is a complete registration packet. Please complete, print and bring to registration at your school:
- Kindergarten Registration Forms (must be completed for all students beginning kindergarten in the 2014-2015 year)
- In addition, parents must also supply:
- An original birth certificate or certified copy, with raised seal, issued by the clerk of the county where your child was born or the health department of the state of birth;
- Your child’s health immunization record; including vision and hearing screenings. Be sure to schedule immunization updates early – these appointments are often limited;
- A Photo I.D. (Driver's license or work photo I.D.)
- Proof of residency, such as property tax bill, closing papers or lease agreement. Please know that we are not able to accept utility bills.
- Transportation Information
- Parents' Guide to Student Success - Kindergarten
- Kindergarten standards - Mathematics
- Kindergarten standards - English language arts
The district offers a Schools of Choice program to all Macomb County residents and homeowners in areas of bordering counties serviced by the Macomb County Intermediate School District. For more information on the Schools of Choice options, please call 586.797.1120.
- Tab 0
- Tab 1