UCS celebrates excellence in teaching
Five UCS teachers were honored for driving instruction every day in the Utica Community Schools.
For one of the teachers, that honor was literal, thanks to the generous donation of a leased car of her choice from Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights.
The district recently honored three educators as UCS Teachers of the Year and two as Teachers of Excellence in Personalized Education.
“These educators exemplify the quality of teaching that occurs in our classrooms each and every day," superintendent Dr. Christine Johns said. "They are caring, passionate, dedicated and committed to a high level of learning.”
Honored teachers are:
- Maureen Langenderfer – Wiley Elementary School – Teacher of Excellence in Personalized Learning
- Christine Froberger – Beacon Tree Elementary School – Teacher of Excellence in Personalized Learning
- Kelly Bronski – Utica High School – High School Teacher of the Year
- Christine Sandison, Burr Elementary – Elementary Teacher of the Year
- Katie Blackmore, Bemis Junior High School – Junior High School Teacher of the Year
A Site Dedicated To
Student Achievement in UCS
Christine M. Johns, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Planning tool provides universal resources to make college and career dreams
As we begin another promising school year, Utica Community Schools remains committed to providing exemplary teaching and learning for the more than 28,000 students who fill our classrooms every day.
Superintendent Christine Johns' Column>>